Each semester, SLS has employment opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
The SLS Student Assistant program provides motivated undergraduate students with the opportunity to assist in program development and management as we work toward the goal of creating sustainable communities. SLS Student Assistants work with SLS staff in all areas of our programming, and positions include work in communications and marketing, visual design, web design, service learning and community engagement, partner support, and office support.
Graduate students work in a focused way with our Director and other SLS staff on research and writing, and the development of strategies and tools specific to our courses and programming. These positions vary from semester to semester.
Interested in exploring work opportunities with SLS? Contact us via email.
Please see below for specific position postings, and check back frequently for more opportunities.
Mayor’s Office of Resilience Food Matters Internship with Stipend
- FOOD MATTERS: EPA Region 4 Healthy Cornerstore Initiative
- In conjunction with Food Recovery Network, use Morehouse School of Medicine data to solicit and secure at least (3) cornerstones in Low Income, Low Access (LILA) areas for recovered produce sales
- Work on donation models for recovered produce from GA farms in LILA areas
- Attend biweekly meetings with the EPA, City of Atlanta, and Food Recovery Network
- Sustainability Ambassador Leadership Program, FALL 2021
- Help plan/secure speakers FALL 2021 (I will provide what is needed, suggestions also welcome)
- Help create registration agenda/materials
- Expand registration to high school aged students
- Engage Subcommittees
- FOOD MATTERS: Fulton County Health Inspectors Food Waste Education Pilot
- Help as needed – still developing
- USDA Community Compost and Food Waste Reduction Grant
- Help projects that spur off of this as needed – still developing
- FOOD MATTERS: Food Waste Advisory Committee
- Help as needed– still developing
- Attend (1) quarterly meeting
- FOOD MATTERS: Workplan maintenance
- Help compile metrics as needed
*if you have skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) this would be a great plus but will not hinder you from succeeding in the role.
*12 weeks/@ 15 hours a week/$1700-dollar stipend
Please submit a brief email of interest and your resume to Kristina Chatfield, SLS Program and Operations Manager at email@example.com.