Calling all GT Student Organizations: Apply to be an SLS Partner!
Serve-Learn-Sustain seeks student organization partners for the 2016-17 academic year. If your organization focuses on environmental, social, or economic sustainability; social justice; cultural diversity; or service work, we encourage you to apply to be an SLS Partner Organization! We are especially interested in proposal related to our four themes for the year: Environmental Justice, FEWS (Food, Energy, Water Systems), Smart Cities, and Social Sustainability. Learn more about those themes here.
Benefits: What will we gain by partnering with SLS?
Simply put, partnering means that we support your work and you support ours—and we push each other in some new and exciting directions. Here’s a few ways SLS can offer support:
- Attract additional students to your organization and events through SLS marketing
- Connect with community and industry partners; GT alumnae; and new on-campus partners
- Get priority assistance in developing events and projects
- Give guest lectures or connect you with guest lecturers
- Receive invitations to participate in exclusive SLS activities bringing together faculty, staff, students, and partners, such as showcases, field trips, and special sessions with guest speakers
- Apply for SLS funding available only to courses, projects, and student organizations formally affiliated with SLS
- How else can we support you? You tell us!
Commitments: What do we have to do to partner with SLS?
Complete the application by September 30th. If you are accepted as an SLS Partner Organization, we will ask that you:
- Provide SLS with information on your organization to include in our marketing materials
- Keep up-to-date on SLS opportunities by signing up for our Email List at https://www.contact.gatech.edu/sls/subscribe; spread the word to your members about SLS courses and engagement opportunities and encourage them to get involved
- Invite SLS staff to speak to your organization and, when applicable, to document activities related to sustainable communities
- Conduct periodic simple assessments of learning outcomes related to your activities (SLS will provide the assessment tool and instructions for using it)
- We may ask you to share your partnership experience at different SLS events
- Submit deliverables at the end of the year for SLS to archive and, in some cases, share publicly (deliverables TBD with you)
Contact Kris Chatfield, SLS Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVE-LEARN-SUSTAIN (SLS) is a campus-wide initiative to develop opportunities for students to engage
in learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom focused on the theme, “creating sustainable communities.” More broadly, SLS works to make sustainable communities work a key focus at Tech, bringing together research, teaching, and practice. Learn more and subscribe to our Email List at: https://www.contact.gatech.edu/sls/.